Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tijuana Pie

I got this recipe from my Dad's wife, Lee. I omit the corn and olives because I hate corn "in" stuff and well, I hate olives in ANYTHING. I make this in a round crockpot.


Tijuana Pie

1 1/2 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 pound (or more) of grated cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
2 10 oz cans of red enchilada sauce
2 16 oz cans of chili seasoned beans
1 8 oz of corn (OPTIONAL)
1 6 oz of sliced black olives, drained (even more OPTIONAL)
9 corn tortillas

Brown beef, onion and garlic. Pour off excess fat. Season with salt and pepper. Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the crock pot, top with 1/4th the meat, then 1/2 a can of enchilada sauce and cheese. Add another tortilla, cover with 1/2 a can of beans, 1/4th a can of corn, a few olives and cheese. Repeat those layers three more times. Top with one more tortilla and top that with the last of the cheese.

Cover the crockpot and cook 5 - 7 hours on low.

No comments: