Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

I am starting with this recipe, because it is one of my most requested. I got it years ago out of a book called "365 Ways to Cook Pasta" but I have made a couple of changes.

I love, love, love this stuff. It's just yummy cheesy goodness and I eat the leftovers for days after. It goes great with ham. Or meatloaf. Or anything. It is one of my grandmother's favorites and she will ask me to bring her some when I go to visit her. I hope you like it too!

Macaroni and Cheese

1 lb jumbo macaroni
4 Tbs butter
¼ cup flour
4 cups pre-heated milk (I microwave it)
1 tsp salt
4 cups cheddar cheese (I use a mix of sharp and mild)

Cook macaroni and set aside
Melt butter, then stir in flour. Cook, while stirring, over low heat for 3 minutes. Whisk in hot milk. Stir constantly and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add 3 cups of cheese and salt, stir. Mix with macaroni. Pour into 9x13 buttered dish. Cover with 1 cup of cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned in 350 degree oven

1 comment:

Jennifer Cronk said...

Thanks! I can so do this one