Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hummus like substance

While surfing the net today, I mean while WORKING today, I visited one of my favorite websites, www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com. It's ironic and witty and just a lot of fun. Apparantly, white people like hummus!

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/10/27/112-hummus/

Hmm... I am white, therefore I like hummus! However, just because I like hummus, it doesn't necessarily follow that I am white (see dad, college paid off! Logic, FTW!). But I am white. Very, very, pasty white.

What does this have to do with hummus? Nothing. Do I care? Not so much.

Okay, this recipe is a copycat of the California Pizza Kitchen's Tuscan hummus, but since it isn't made with garbanzo beans, I would call it more of a white bean dip. A freaking AWESOME white bean dip, though. I serve it with pita bread or tortilla chips. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm all about the tortilla chips.


CPK Tuscan Hummus Copyat recipe

Ingredients:

10 medium garlic cloves
30 oz can cannellini beans (Great Northern beans), canned drained
1/2 cup sesame paste (tahini)
1 Tbs-ish EVOO
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp corriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cold water, if needed

Directions:

Process the garlic cloves in a food processor until finely minced, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the beans and pulse the machine a few times to chop them coarsely. Next, with the machine running, puree them while you slowly pour the sesame paste through the feed tube. Still with the motor running, pour the olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce through the feed tube, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stop the processor, open the lid, and add the salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Process until thoroughly blended. If the puree is too thick, mix in the 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water. Transfer the puree to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate before serving.

1 comment:

critterlvrs said...

I love love love your "hummus"!!!