Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chicken cacciatore

Oh hell, I don't even know if this is considered cacciatore and I really don't care. All I know is that when I am being good and trying to get in veggies, this is my go to recipe. Try it with some brown rice for a yummy and healthy dinner.


Chicken Cacciatore

1 pound of boneless skinless chicken
1 Tbs EVOO
1 medium onion
2 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow, mix it up!)
1 or 2 cloves chopped garlic
1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup or so of white wine

Prep:
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Cut the onion into rings (I halve the rings too). Chop the garlic (I used jarred chopped garlic, sue me!)

Cooking:
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir and cook until you can no longer see any pink on the outside. Add the garlic, onions and peppers, stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and the wine and stir well. (At this point, I see if there is enough liquid. I use my judgement and either add 1/2 small can of water or some more tomato sauce.) Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.

No comments: