Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cocktail Meatballs

My Aunt Carol gave me this recipe. LOVE these spicy balls. : )


Cocktail Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups cracker crumbs, crushed
4 Tbs minced dried onions
4 Tbs sweet pepper flakes (I can hardly find these, so I either chop up fresh green pepper or if I want them h-o-t I add red pepper flakes)
18 drops of Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt or powder
dash of salt

Sauce ingredients:
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup water
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs dried minced onions
2 tsp mustard
1 Tbs salt
8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
12 drops of Tabasco

Mix all the meatball ingredients (not the sauce ones). Shape into 1 inch balls and place in a single layer in a 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Place the balls into a casserole dish. Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over the meatballs. Bake 1 hour.

No comments: