Thursday, September 3, 2009

Katy's Balls

I want to try Katy's balls recipe, so I am saving it here. I hope Katy doesn't mind me putting it here, but this is where I am keeping recipes nowadays... and it's not like anybody reads this anyway!


I use 93% lean ground beef in my balls. And make them pretty small...about 1 T. size.

The sauce has nothing pointy added.

2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
oregano
parsley
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
crushed red pepper
shake of parm. cheese.

Meatballs:

1 lb 93% gr. beef
1/4 c. eggbeaters
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
Maybe 1/4 c. bread crumbs

The key is to cook the meatballs in the sauce. It makes them extra tender and the sauce soaks into them so they get great flavor.

I throw all of the ingredients for the sauce in the crockpot in the a.m. before work.

Whichever one of us gets home first does the meatballs and throws them in the sauce. They need about an hour to cook in the sauce if it's boiling/bubbling.

I have a 1 T. scoop for making cookies that I use to make the balls

1 comment:

Jennifer Cronk said...

I just like the name "katy's balls"